Marie Villeza of ElderImpact contacted me recently. ElderImpact has the mission of encouraging seniors to continue making their mark on the world.
She wrote as follows:
I understand why some people are so afraid of aging. When we think about the future, we have to wonder whether we’ll have adequate funds, enough physical strength, and a sharp wit to carry us through our golden years. But I’m not afraid of growing older — I hope I’m lucky enough to do so — and I want others to feel the same way!
The following resources are full of fantastic information to help seniors stay healthy, secure, and happy in this exciting era of their lives. We hope you find some topics of interest.
- Housing Tips and Advice from The National Aging in Place Council
- The Boomer’s Roadmap for Aging in Place: How to Prepare Today for your Senior Years
- Preventing Falls at Home
- Fall Prevention Tips for Seniors | A Home Design Guide
- Exercise & Physical Activity: Your Everyday Guide from the National Institute on Aging
- The Benefits of Cooking with Alzheimer’s: A Caregiver’s Guide
- 14 Ways to Help Seniors Avoid Isolation
- Canine Caregivers for Dementia and Alzheimer’s Patients
- A Senior’s Guide to Using Computers and Software
- Economic Security for Seniors Facts
- Home Safety and Security for Aging-in-Place Seniors